Happy Fun Time

Sunday, April 02, 2006

HA! HA! I'm not dumb!!1!

I received a call today from a guy claiming to be "Visa Protection Services" and wanted to verify several purchases. I said fine. He verified my name. He asked me if I lived in Santa Ana. Then he asked for the last 4 numbers of my social security. I said, "Um...no. I don't think this is real." He said, "OK, can you repeat the customer service number on the back of your credit card?" I said, "Look, I'll call you, OK?" Then I hung up.

I called Washington Mutual and told them about my call. They said there are no holds on my account and that the call was most likely a scam. I suspected that some a-hole stole my new GOLD!!! MasterCard that's supposed to coming soon and tried to get my SS number to activate it. But Washington Mutual said the card hasn't been sent out yet.

Anyway, I never thought I would be a victim of some attempt to get my identity. I checked my credit report afterwards right away. By law, you are allowed to receive a free credit report, once every year (annualcreditreport.com) So be aware, and never trust incoming calls asking for info.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home