Happy Fun Time

Monday, December 26, 2005

Prologue to 2006

So, the New Year is around the corner. That was fast. In fact, that was way too fast. I've only graduated from college and its already the New Year. In fact, this is going to be my very first New Year where I'm not enrolled in some kind of academic institution. It better be good. Actually, I don't need it to be "woo, I got drunk"-good. I just need it to be "spend time with people that I care about"-good. Word to the wise: if I'm spending time with you on New Year's Eve, then I probably care about you. For those of you that I'm not with, that doesn't meant that I don't care. It only means that I miss you.

In any case, I've been trying to think of what I've actually done in this past year. I mean, really, what did I accomplish that was really important? Well, I don't really get to brag much, but for starters:
  1. Graduated from college. I don't care what my parents tell me. I think my acquisition of a 4-year bacheoler's degree is a very significant achievement. Why? Simply because I'm one of the few 2nd generation kids in my entire extended family to actually get a degree in anything let alone go to college.
  2. Getting published. That's right. I've been published in an academic journal. Granted, this journal is relatively new and I'll be one co-author of five (which really is actually very wrong. Most of that piece is my writing anyway). Then again, maybe this one isn't so important. I mean, anybody can get published these days.
  3. Acquired the exclusive rights to sell certain "beverages" in a certain region of the world. OK, so maybe I'm cheating with this one a little. My father did most of the negotiations, but I was the one behind every little document and/or report he ever referenced or used. I think I deserve some credit.
  4. Apparently falling into good favor with a certain Consulate General of a certain country. If you know me in real life, ask me in person about this later. I don't think I'm allowed to talk too much about this to begin with.
That's about all of my notable accomplishments in this past year in a nutshell (as you have seen, there is no "got a girlfriend" on that list. I don't even have time to eat lunch or go to the bathroom. You think I have time to get a girlfriend?) Of course, I have other accomplishments as well (like, FINALLY beating Kirby Canvas Curse), but these are my favorite.

What was the point of this exercise again?

Oh, that's right. What are some important accomplishments have you guys done in the past year? I don't talk with some of you authors (in fact, I've never met some of you) nor do I get to engage with all of my friends on a personal level as much as I'd like. So, please, post what you've done in the past year that you're proud of. It doesn't have to be anything big or major. Just something you're personally proud of.

SK.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home