Happy Fun Time

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Toothbrush, Toothpaste

There's nothing quite like going to sleep after a late Thursday Silky's and realizing that you have no toothbrush.

There's also nothing quite like waking up Friday morning realizing why you had no toothbrush -- Tammy went to Tuscon a few weeks ago and took the toothbrush she left in my bathroom; which, was the toothbrush I had migrated to after mine got old.

There's also.. nothing quite like being so lazy that realizing on Saturday 3am that the toothbrush will not materialize (sounds disgusting... I did brush my teeth at work on Friday, left a toothbrush there).

So after I woke up on Saturday, after a couple days of unsuccessful attempts of using the tongue scraper and mouthwash and realizing my teeth just didn't feel clean, I went to, of course, Wal-Mart. Mainly to buy socks because I'd gotten too lazy to do the laundry (it's easier buying 4 pairs than washing all the loads that had piled up... wow this post is making me a huge slob).

I came upon the toothbrush aisle, and I usually go for the Firm Reach toothbrush (it's cheap, and firm bristles clean better), but this time the electric disposable toothbrush caught my eye. Of course, when your mind starts to think about buying something you start analyzing the MR/MC value (should I spend $1 more to get the fancier _____? Hey this _____ that's $10 more looks better and will last longer). So yeah, I looked at all the other Sonicare and Oral B $100 toothbrushes, but Wal-Mart had one of those price-slashing smiley faces next to a $20 electric Oral B toothbrush (originally $30). It looked exactly like the $100 one (rechargeable, replaceable heads), so I thought what the heck, I'll try it out.

It was the most amazing thing that has happened to my teeth.

It came with this little tube of Rembrandt toothpaste and man my teeth never felt this clean. I usually floss, brush my teeth, brush my tongue, clean my tongue, mouthwash, but damn... 1 min. of using this toothbrush and my teeth were clean for the whole day! I mean *literally* -- at night I did not feel like I had to brush my teeth (there's the slob in me again).

So yeah, I fully recommend it.

Part 2: Toothpaste.

So remember that Rembrandt toothpaste I got with the toothbrush? It's damn good toothpaste. It tastes/feels like the same kind the dentist uses, and after using up the little tube and figuring out the Colgate Total didn't do the toothbrush justice, I went to buy a tube of Rembrandt. $8.

And that's not the shit of it. When I first used the tube, I had to press out 1/3 of the tube before getting any paste. COME ON~ I didn't get anything out of the tube and it already looked like it was 3 weeks old. Friggen rip off.

But it is good toothpaste. And my teeth have never felt better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home