Happy Fun Time

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Brain Food

Sorry to throw an anchor on all the fun, but I found this discussion on /. interesting. Lots of interesting points from different sides. I also found the comments on the so-called "death tax" interesting. I've always been a bit on the fence regarding that one, usually because I tended to get somewhat simplistic responses from either side ("IT'S *UR* MONEY!!!!11one" "Because, it's just wealth re-distro").

The discussion also warrants the following quote:
Homer: Don't worry, Marge. America's health care system is second only to Japan, Canada, Sweden, Great Britain, well, all of Europe, but you can thank your lucky stars we don't live in Paraguay!

To be fair, there was an interesting post about how backlogged and overloaded Canadian hospitals are.

Oh, and finally, super-heroine Sandra Day O'Connor warns of dictatorship-ness.

Speaking of healthcare...Blue Cross Blue Shield or whatever the hell they're called just raised their prices. In my search for the above quote, I came across this one, which almost perfectly sounds like the letter BCBS sent me explaining why costs had risen.

2 Comments:

  • No problem, just scroll down hehe.

    By Blogger Ron, at 3/14/2006 5:44 PM  

  • Btw, I didn't even read the article on piracy, so ignore that and go right for the discussion. Slashdot discussions often go off-topic very quickly.

    By Blogger Ron, at 3/14/2006 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home